sábado, 10 de mayo de 2008

Nedved On Way Out After Failed Talks?


Nedved’s deal at Turin runs out at the end of the season, and the 35-year-old and his agent Mino Raiola arranged a meeting today with Juve director Jean-Claude Blanc to discuss the possibility of a one-year extension. The talks did not go well at all, and no agreement was reached between the two sides. As Nedved left the Bianconeri’s offices on Corso Galileo Ferraris he was asked by journalists how the two sessions of discussions had gone. The former Czech Republic international grinned before replying sarcastically: “How did they go? Superbly.” It is now looking increasingly possible that Nedved, who joined Juventus from Lazio back in 2001, could retire at the end of the season, or possibly take up a foreign challenge abroad. Japanese outfit Jubilo Iwata have made their interest known recently. Earlier this week Nedved admitted that he was strongly considering his future. “I don’t really know whether I will continue, I still have a couple of weeks to think and decide,” he explained. “To play at Juventus has been an honour and I am proud, I have had some fun in the Bianconeri jersey over the years. “I will make a decision on my future very soon.”

No hay comentarios: